Boat insurance allows you to enjoy your time on the water without worry! We have a policy for most types of boats, including:
- Bass and fishing boats
- Cruisers and runabouts
- Pontoons and catamarans
- Sailboats and personal watercraft
- Utility boats
A homeowners or renters insurance policy will cover smaller boats up to about $1,000 or 10 percent of the home's property value, such as:
- Canoes and small sailboats
- Small power boats with less than 25 miles per hour horse power
Boat owners may also consider purchasing an umbrella liability policy which will provide additional protection for their boat, home, and car.
There may be discounts for the following:
- Less hazardous diesel-powered craft
- Coast Guard-approved fire extinguishers and ship-to-shore radios
- Two years of claims-free experience
- Multi-policies with the same insurer, such as a car, home, or umbrella policy
- Completing safety education courses offered by the Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadrons, or the American Red Cross.
Alcorn Insurance Agency is here to help when you are considering Boat/PWC coverage.